- 2 large eggplants, quartered lengthways, cut into 2cm pieces
- 350g spiral GF pasta
- 700g bottle GF pasta sauce
- 1/4 bunch basil leaves
- 30g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Line baking tray(s) with baking paper. Arrange eggplant, in a single layer, on tray(s). Drizzle over oil and season with pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions in a large saucepan. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Combine pasta, reserved cooking liquid, pasta sauce, eggplant and half of the basil in a large, deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring, or until heated through.
- Serve pasta topped with parmesan and remaining basil.