500g beef mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium size onion, diced
- 400g tin diced tomatoes with basil and oregano
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 heaped dsp cornflour
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 4-6 capsicum (depending on size)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- Cut off the stem end from each of the capsicums discarding the seeds
- Remove stem from stem ends and discard stems
- Dice stem-ends and set aside
- Put capsicums into a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Add oil and onion to a saucepan and cook until translucent
- Add mince, after a while, pour off liquid then return to hotplate and cook until browned
- Add and mix through, tin of diced tomatoes, cooked rice, diced stem-ends of capsicum, and garlic
- When the mince mix is heated through, dissolve cornflour in a little water and stir into the mince mix to thicken
- Remove mince mix from hotplate, fill each capsicum with the mix, then sprinkle with cheese
- Cook in oven until cheese top browns (20 to 30 minutes)
- 2 large eggplants, quartered lengthways, cut into 2cm pieces
- 350g spiral GF pasta
- 700g bottle GF pasta sauce
- 1/4 bunch basil leaves
- 30g parmesan, finely grated
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 210°C.
- Line baking tray(s) with baking paper. Arrange
eggplant, in a single layer, on tray(s). Drizzle over oil and season with pepper.
- Bake for 25
minutes or until golden and tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions in a large saucepan. Drain, reserving
1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Combine pasta, reserved cooking liquid, pasta sauce, eggplant and half of the basil in a
large, deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring, or until heated
- Serve pasta topped with parmesan and remaining basil.