- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon of butter or margarine
- 250 g uncooked macaroni
- 3 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbs oil
- half large capsicum, diced
- 12 cherry tomatos, halved
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- small quantity of Parmesan cheese
- four pieces of finely sliced ham, or equivalent quantity of cooked bacon, cut into 0.5cm strips
- ground pepper and salt
- Add water and tsp of butter/margarine to large casserole dish. Cover with lid. Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni & diced capsicum. Replace lid & microwave on MEDIUM for 4 minutes.
- Take out & stir thoroughly. Replace lid & microwave on MEDIUM for a further 4 minutes.
- Stir thoroughly and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Toss cheese and cornflour together an a plastic bag.
- When the 5 minutes is up, grind pepper and salt (to taste) over the casserole contents.
- Stir in the cheese, tbs of oil, milk, & cherry tomato halves. Microwave on HIGH, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in ham/bacon & microwave on HIGH, covered, for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir thoroughly, place sliced tomato on top, dust with Parmesan cheese, & microwave on HIGH, covered, for a further 2 minutes.
Nice recipe. I also really enjoy this one with four cheeses: http://www.microwaverecipe.net/macaroni-and-cheese-supreme.html.
Post a Comment