Ingredients-Sate Chicken Drumsticks
- 150ml bottle of Chang's Original Chinese Sate Sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks
Method-Sate Chicken Drumsticks
- Mix sate sauce, soy, brown sugar, cornflour and oil and pour over drumsticks in seal-able container. Seal container and shake to cover the drumsticks with the marinade. Refrigerate for two hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 C.
- Transfer drumsticks to a baking tray (leave a little marinade in the container) and bake for 1 hour. Turn drumsticks at 30mins and baste with marinade left in the container.
- Add 1 cup of brown rice to a microwave rice cooker. Add 2.5 cups of water and seal the container.
- For a 1000 watt microwave, cook for 8 mins on high and 38 mins on 20% power.
- 3 chokos cut peeled and cut into eights
- 3 rashers of rind-less bacon finely chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 2 heaped tsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- small amount cooking oil
- About 20 minutes before the rice is cooked, add the onion and bacon to a non-stick pan with a dash of cooking oil and sauté until the onion is soft.
- While sautéing the onion and bacon, add the basil and parmesan cheese to half-a-cup of cream. Stir well and set aside.
- Add the choko to the pan and stir around until all choko is covered with the onion, bacon and oil mix.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to a microwave proof dish with a lid.
- When the rice is cooked, remove from the microwave and set aside. Place the covered dish with the choko in the microwave and cook for 5+ minutes on high.
- When the choko is soft, add the basil-cream-cheese mix, stir around until the choko is evenly covered, microwave on high, covered, for 2 minutes.
Now serve the chicken, rice and choko--serves four.
Post a Comment