- 2 heaped tbsp butter or margarine
- 3 heaped tbsp cornflour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter/margarine in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour, stirring continuously until evenly mixed
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk until combined evenly
- Return to hotplate and cook, stirring constantly until it boils and thickens
- Remove from heat and stir in mustard.
Note: This is an ideal sauce to serve with leftover corned silverside