- 1 free-range egg yolk
- 1 heaped teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 250 ml mixed oils (equal parts, peanut, olive & sunflower)
- 1 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ small lemon
- sea salt
- Whisk the egg yolk in a bowl
- Add the mustard and whisk together.
- Gradually add about half the oil, very slowly at first, whisking continuously for around 3 to 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Once you've added about half the oil, whisk in 1 tablespoon of vinegar – this will loosen the mixture slightly and give it a paler colour.
- Continue to gradually add the remaining oil, whisking continuously.
- Season with a pinch of salt, a squeeze of lemon juice and a little more vinegar, if needed.
- Store in a sterilised jar in the fridge for up to one week.
Post a Comment