- 1 piece chicken Maryland per person
- 60 gm butter
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, quarted
- 2 parsnips, cut in half cross-wise
- 2 medium beetroot, quartered
- 1/2 small pumpkin, peeled, seeded, chopped (4 cm pieces)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tsp caraway seeds
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 3 medium carrots, trimmed, washed, cut in half crosswise
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- Brush a stainless steel of non-stick baking dish with oil
- Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer in the dish.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan, stir in mustard, 1 tablespoon olive oil, honey and garlic. Brush liberally over both sides of chicken.
- Roast chicken 60 minutes, turning twice, each time basting both sides with sauce, until cooked through.
- Serve with roasted vegetables
- Combine potatoes, parsnip, beetroot, carrots, oil and caraway seeds in a baking dish. Season to taste. Bake in the same oven at 200ºC for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring maple syrup to the boil. Simmer for 8-10 minutes until thickened slightly.
- After 30 minutes, add pumpkin to vegetables in pan. Pour over the maple glaze. Bake a further 30 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with chicken.