- 2 stems lemon grass, pale section only, coarsely chopped
- 16 fresh kaffir lime leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 fresh red birds-eye chillies, de-seeded, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) olive oil
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TSPs sesame oil
- 1 kg large green tiger prawns, peeled leaving tails and heads intact, de-vein
- Place the lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, chilli, garlic, ginger, coriander, olive oil, soy sauce and sesame oil in the jug of a blender and blend until finely chopped.
- Thread the prawns, tail-end first, onto skewers. Place in a glass or ceramic dish. Add the spice mixture and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30+ minutes (or overnight) to develop the flavours.
- Preheat a barbecue on high, then reduce to low. Cook prawns on preheated plate, turning occasionally, for 4 minutes or until they change colour. Remove from heat.
- Serve with salad.
Post a Comment