Mongolian Lamb Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 600 g lamb leg steaks, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 2 brown onions, halved, cut into wedges
- 1 carrot, halved length-ways, sliced diagonally
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, halved
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice cooking wine
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced for garnish
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Combine cornflour, five spice, sugar, garlic and 1/2 the soy sauce in a medium bowl. Add lamb. Mix well. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a wok. Add 2 tablespoons oil. Stir-fry lamb mixture in 2 batches for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Set aside in a heatproof bowl. Clean wok.
- Add remaining oi to wok. Stir-fry onion, carrot and broccolini for 2 to 3 minutes or until charred and almost tender.
- Add black bean sauce, rice wine, 2 tablespoons water and remaining soy. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Return lamb to wok. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Sprinkle stir-fry with green onion. Serve with steamed rice.
Post a Comment