- 1.5 kg silverside/corned beef
- ¼ cup white or cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Few while cloves
- Enough mustard seeds to cover top side of meat
- 1 large brown onion, quartered
- Vegetables of choice [prepare separately as appropriate for serving with beef]
- 2 heaped tbsp butter
- 2 heaped tbsp cornflour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 heaped tsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 tbsp roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Place beef in a slow cooker. Cover with cold water. Add vinegar, sugar, onion, cloves and sprinkle meat with mustard seed. Cover with water.
- Cook on high for 2+ hours.
- Just before serving, make mustard parsley sauce: Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until bubbling. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk until combined. Return to heat. Cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in mustard and parsley.
- Remove beef from pan. Slice. Serve with sauce and vegetables of choice.