Hint: Use a Half-Moon for "mincing" the ginger & garlic - it creates an uneven texture giving a more intense taste sensation.
- 1 kg large prawns (tiger if possible), peeled (optional: leave tail on) & deveined
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp "minced" ginger root
- 4 cloves garlic, "minced"
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice-bran oil
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- In a bowl large mix the tomato paste, ginger root, garlic and olive oil to create marinade
- Add the prawns and, using a chop-stick, stir the prawns until evenly coated with marinade
- Cover bowl with cling-wrap and store in fridge for at least two hours, preferably overnight
* Hint: When peeling & deveining the prawns do it at the kitchen sink:
- In the sink place a bowl to add the material you remove from the prawns.
- On one side of you have container with the uncleaned prawns. On the other side have the bowl of marinade.
- Shell and devein each prawn over the bowl in the sink. Rinse it immediately and add it to the bowl of marinade, stirring in with the chop-stick.
- When finished all prawns, stir the bowl of marinading prawns thoroughly with the chopstick.
- Add 1 cup rice & 2 cups water to microwave rice-cooker
- Cook on high for 4 minutes & 20% power for 15 minutes
- While rice is cooking, add rice-bran oil to wok
- When oil is hot enough to bubble when a chop-stick is inserted to test temperature, add marinaded prawns
- Stir & toss continually until cooked (when they turn white)
- Serve the rice and prawns in large separate bowls
- Provide individual small Asian-style bowls for people to serve themselves prawns on a bed of rice
Post a Comment