- 200 gm GF Cannelloni
- 375 gm (1 ½ packets) frozen spinach, defrosted and broken apart
- 350 gm Ricotta
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 heaped tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups grated tasty cheese
- Some powdered parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 x 400 gm cans pureed tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Thoroughly mix spinach, ricotta, egg yolks, garlic, ½ cup cheese, nutmeg and pinch salt in a bowl.
- Before filling the cannelloni, find an oven proof baking dish in which they are a good fit (one layer only).
- Place all cannelloni, end up in a small container which supports them and pipe the spinach & ricotta mix into each using the back of a chopstick to ensure each is well filled. [Note: if you don't have a piping bag, just use a small plastic freezer bag with one corner cut off.]
- Tomato Sauce: In a saucepan, add pureed tomatoes, oil, basil, salt & pepper to taste and bring to boil. Remove from heat immediately.
- Pour half the tomato sauce into the baking dish, spreading evenly all over its base.
- Lay out the filled cannelloni on top of the tomato sauce and pour the rest of the sauce over them.
- Sprinkle the remaining tasty cheese evenly over the contents of the baking dish, dust with salt, pepper and parmesan cheese to taste.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Check with a skewer see if well cooked before serving.
Post a Comment