- 1 large leek, white part only, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 kg cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 potatoes peeled & diced (about 400gm)
- 1.5l (6 cups) GF chicken stock
- 2½ cups almond meal or chopped blanched almonds
- ¾ cup snipped chives
- Pouring cream, blue vein cheese and garlic bread to serve
- Put the leek, garlic, cauliflower, potato and stock into the slow cooker
- Cook on high for 3 hour or until the cauliflower and potato are tender
- Add the almonds and with a stick blender purée the soup
- Stir through half of the chives and season with salt and ground black pepper
- Ladle the soup into bowls, drizzle with cream and garnish with remaining chives
- Serve with garlic bread and blue vein cheese on the side. For those who like blue vein cheese is is best crumbled into the soup the soup is consumed.
- The soup will thicken on standing. Stir through extra stock as desired.
- If you don't have access to a slow cooker, use a large saucepan on a stove top, with a lid and simmer for the same time.