- 1 kg (2.2 lb) chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- 3 Tbsp water
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken breasts, onion, garlic, honey, soy sauce, tomato sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and put it to the side.
- Combine the cornflour and water to form a paste. Mix into the sauce in the slow cooker.
- Add the chicken back into the slow cooker and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Slice the chicken and serve with the sauce.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top of the chicken.
Serve on a bed of rice with some winter vegetables.
Post a Comment